Moonrise Festival 2016 Bus: Ticket & Hotel Information
June 8th, 2016MASS EDMC STAFF
The bus to Moonrise Festival in Balimore, MD will depart from Boston, MA and Cromwell, CT – if you’re from elsewhere and want the bus to stop near you, comment at the bottom of this post or email us at email@example.com.
Round trip bus tickets start at $115 per person; ticket prices will increase to $120 on July 14th. We are also offering a bundle package that includes a bus ticket and a GA ticket to the festival for $260 – saving you $30+ on your festival ticket (after fees).
The bus is a standard coach bus. You’ll have a reclining seat, and room underneath and inside the bus for luggage. There is a bathroom on the bus. Music will be played and watching a movie is an option – feel free to bring your favorite DVD.
Tickets & hotel rooms are available for purchase at the bottom of this page. If you’re still not convinced or want more details, read below.
We strongly suggest arriving at least 30 mins before the departure time. PLEASE NOTE: arrival times are estimates, and the duration of the journey will include multiple rest stops.
BOSTON, MA: Friday, August 5th – 11:58pm
PICKUP: Kmart in Somerville – 77 Middlesex Ave, Somerville, MA 02145
*If facing the store entrance, meet on the left side of the building.
PARKING: There is no overnight parking at Kmart; please plan accordingly.
CROMWELL, CT: Saturday, August 6th – 2:30am
PICKUP: Walmart – 161 Berlin Rd Cromwell, CT 06416
PARKING: There is free overnight parking at the Walmart.
Both of the buses depart from the Days Inn – 1660 Whitehead Court at 10AM on Monday, August 8th. Please have all of your luggage packed and ready to go at the pick up location by 9:30 AM. Please don’t be late and hold up the rest of the bus. We may pick up at alternative locations if there is significant demand to do so (other hotels, etc.)
We have arranged a group rate discount on hotels rooms at the Days Inn in Baltimore. It costs $110 a night, it’s 15 minutes from the venue (closest hotel we could find that’s not sold out), 2 double beds, and non-smoking. We’re going to need TWO nights at the hotel (Saturday, August 6th & Sunday, August 7th) so the total cost will be $220 plus fees. The buyer of the room needs to be 18+.
PLEASE NOTE: whoever purchases the room will have to present their credit card and ID upon checking-in for incidentals. The room will be reserved under the person’s name who purchases the room. You are responsible financially for your room.
WHY TAKE THE BUS?
1) It’s going to be an amazing time! Sit back, relax, see the sights, and make some friends along the way. After the bus ride, we’ll experience two nights of awesome music and art, and have some fun in the hotel rooms.
2) Avoid driving – let the bus be your safe and smooth ride.
3) Avoid wear & tear on your car, and paying for gas & tolls.
WHAT’S THIS GONNA COST?
Bus Ticket + GA Festival Ticket: $265 + fees
Early Bird Bus Tickets: $115 + fees
General Admission Bus Tickets: $120 + fees
Hotel Room at Days Inn (2 Nights): $220 + Fees
Bus Tickets will increase in price periodically, so purchase a ticket sooner rather than later!
There are NO REFUNDS.
1) Pack a lunch and snacks for the long ride, we will not be providing any food, but we may stop at a rest stop along the way.
2) Sadly, the Moonrise colored coach bus above is just a photoshop. We can all wish. Anyway, the bus will probably be white.
– + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + –
THIS BUS IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY OPEN ROAD TRAVEL LLC AND IS IN NO WAY OFFICIALLY AFFILIATED WITH MOONRISE MUSIC FESTIVAL
>– + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + –
By riding on these buses you are joining our family, our team, and our community for the weekend. We’re all here to have the best time possible and in order to achieve this goal, it’s imperative that each passenger is responsible and respectful. Please look out for each other. The following policies are in place to ensure we get to the festival as safely and timely as possible. Any passenger who does not adhere to any of the policies below may be removed from the bus at the Bus Captain’s discretion.
1) STATE LAWS.
We will be crossing state borders and stopping at rest stops where laws may be strict, not to mention potentially encountering law enforcement throughout our trip. This means absolutely no alcoholic beverages, illicit substances, or questionable behavior outside the bus throughout the trip. If we see you visibly participating in any questionable behavior, we will not hesitate to remove you from the bus. Keep it tight!
2) PUBLIC BEHAVIOR.
Please be mindful of your behavior when we are at rest-stops, Walmart, or public settings of any sort while on the bus trip. Your actions reflect on our trip and community as a whole.
3) BE TIMELY.
There are 50 others on the bus besides yourself, and we’re all trying to get to the destination. At rest stops, you must be mindful and return to the bus by the time set designated by the Bus Captain. Those who dawdle will delay the arrival time for all passangers – please aim to avoid holding up the bus.
3) NO OPEN FLAMES.
4) MUST BE 21+ TO DRINK ALCOHOL.
5) BE RESPECTFUL.
Though you may not know everyone on the bus and though it can sometimes be extremely difficult to control your emotions/fists/words while contained within a small space for an extended period of time, we ask that you are respectful at all times.
By purchasing a ticket for the bus you acknowledge the following:
1) MASS EDMC is not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged items aboard the vehicle or throughout the duration of the trip.
2) I am financially liable for taking care of the bus as well as any damages I incur to the bus.
3) MASS EDMC is not responsible for anything that may happen to the bus during travel. We’ve taken precautionary measures to ensure that in case of any bus malfunctions, a timely solution will be provided at no extra cost to you.
4) There are no refunds on your purchase.